Product & Growth Analyst
COME HELP US ITERATE AND LEARN QUICKLY
Imagine having the opportunity to join a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing FinTech company that does right by employees across the US by not only giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, but a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness app that employees can’t live without, and employers are clamouring to get their hands on.
As our Product & Growth Analyst, you will help:
- find low hanging fruit in the customer and buyer journeys, which can be leveraged to scale up
- create focus by identifying drivers and friction points for acquisition, activation and retention success
- accelerate learning by analyzing features, experiments and user flows, synthesizing findings and suggesting logic next steps and iterations
- design experiments to get answers to questions that don’t have answers in the data
- apply basic data science & clustering techniques to uncover attributes that matter most for different business and success outcomes
- create meaningful extracts and transformations of data that can be leveraged by the team to make faster, smarter decisions
At ZayZoon, we are proud to say we are tooled for data way beyond a typical company at our stage, which bodes well for this role. We believe in data and have invested heavily in an extremely accessible data set encompassing user demographics, application and transactional data, behavioural/utilization data, customer support data, CRM data, marketing and ad data, email and SMS communication data. We also have real-time behavioural tools like FullStory, which allow us to rapidly segment and create funnels of behaviour and get an immersive sense of what users experience interacting with our applications from first digital interaction through to onboarding and ongoing utilization. All of these tools are available to everyone in the team so that each person can make decisions rooted in data.
The ideal candidate has experience successfully standing up dashboards and analyses, working closely with internal and external stakeholders in product, marketing, sales and operations, to drive the success of those teams.
You will play an important role in ZayZoon’s scale-up. With your expertise, you will help us focus on the right things that help us excel at attracting new SMB Employers, engaging their employees and ultimately maximizing the positive impact we have on employees’ financial lives.
- Know our customer and stakeholder journeys inside and out - by the experience and by the numbers - so that you can be effective at focusing on areas that matter
- Work with stakeholders across the business to understand the challenges and opportunities before us
- Drive objectivity in strategic and tactical decision surfacing insights from data
- Understand our data models and help to both improve them and make them more accessible and understandable to others in the organization
- Design and iterate on low-effort experiments designed to test and improve product fit and business performance
- Contribute to our data and analytics roadmap; proposing process, structure and data enhancements to improve effectiveness
- Build reports and analyses on-the fly to identify opportunities for improvement and measure initiatives designed to capitalize on them
OUR CORE VALUES
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery – Thirst for knowledge and improvement
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Competitive salary and compensation, along with a comprehensive benefits package commensurate with your experience and skills.
- A tight-knit team of adults that care about and thrive on moving the needle for our customers, our products, and each other.
- People who know how to wear multiple hats, and that every team member makes a difference in moving the business forward.
- Constant hustle to improve; always growing ourselves, each other, and our business.
- A flexible environment, with emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times.
- A fun, fast-paced work environment - with plenty of collegial banter and closeness beyond just work.
- With an emphasis on employee engagement and job satisfaction, ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading employee NPS score of 71.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2+ years experience as a data analyst
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to use these skills to extract insights and apply them to business objectives
- Deep experience in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- A very solid grasp of complex data queries including joins, filtering, aggregation, grouping and common table expressions
- Experience with business intelligence tools like Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Metabase, Snowflake, QlikView, Periscope
- An understanding of lean product development methodologies and where data fits in to shorten iteration and innovation cycles
- It'd be a big bonus if you have:
- A strong foundation in statistics
- Experience with data warehouses and ETL pipelines
- Experience with Amazon RedShift
- Experience with numerical methods and statistical analysis in Python
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
We are currently organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. While we will wait to see how the situation with COVID-19 progresses, we will remain flexible with respect to remote work for the foreseeable future.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and/or colleagues. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!