ZayZoon Financial Wellness Terms
Effective May 23, 2019
Privacy and security are very important to us at ZayZoon. You are signing up for our low balance notification service, and that means our system will be accessing your information beyond our base on-demand wages service.
Please note that these Terms only covers the information that ZayZoon collects, uses, and shares, and it does not explain what third parties like Plaid do with any end user information provided by you to them (or any other information they may collect about you, their end user). This Policy also does not cover any websites, products, or services provided by others. We encourage you to review the privacy policies or notices of our developers or those third parties for information about their practices.
Our mission at ZayZoon is to help our customers develop their financial wellness. Our financial wellness services are intended to provide an easy way for you (the “end user”) to (i) receive notifications about your bank balance in order to help you avoid overdraft fees and other issues; (ii) to better understand your spending habits; and (iii) to help you apply your financial knowledge to improve the health of your finances (collectively, the “Wellness Services”).
The Wellness Services are being provided on a beta basis. This means that the products are undergoing development. Because of this, by using the Wellness Services, you acknowledge and accept that we make no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the Financial Services. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ZayZoon from liability and claim for damages because of bodily injury, death, property damage, sickness, disease or less any expense arising from your use of the Wellness Services. You agree that ZayZoon will not be liable to you or any other person, for any loss, attorney’s fees, expenses or claims arising out of any such damage or injury.
Information We Collect
When you connect your financial accounts with our application, we may receive information from the financial institutions that maintain your financial accounts. The information we receive may vary depending on the specific Wellness Services, as well as the information made available by your financial institutions. The types of information we collect from your financial institutions may include, but are not limited to:
- Account information, including financial institution name, account name, account type, and account and routing number;
- Information about an account balance, including current and available balance;
- Information about credit accounts, including statement due dates and balances owed, payment amounts and dates, transaction history, and interest;
- Information about loan accounts, including due dates, balances, payment amounts and dates, interest, loan type, payment plan, and term;
- Information about the account owner(s), including name, email address, phone number, and address information.
- Information about account transactions, including amount, date, type, and a description of the transaction.
The data may include information from all your sub-accounts (e.g., checking, savings, and credit card), even if only a single sub-account is designated by you.
Information we receive about you from other sources. We may receive information about you directly from the relevant developer or other third parties, including service providers and identity verification services.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to operate, improve, and protect the services we provide to our developers, and to develop new services. More specifically, we use your information:
- To operate, provide, and maintain our services;
- To improve, enhance, modify, add to, and further develop our services;
- To protect you, our developers, our partners, or ZayZoon from fraud, malicious activity, and other privacy and security-related concerns;
- To develop new services;
- To provide customer support, including to help respond to your inquiries related to our service or our developers’ applications;
- To investigate any misuse of our service or our developers’ applications, criminal activity, or other unauthorized access to our services; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share and Store Your Information
We take deliberate steps designed to protect end user information in our possession. These steps include, but are not limited to, maintaining information security controls such as data encryption, firewalls, logical and physical access controls, and continuous monitoring. These controls are regularly evaluated for effectiveness against industry-standards internally and by independent security auditors.
We do not sell or rent end user information to marketers or other third parties. But we do share end user information with third parties as described in these Terms. We may also share your information:
- With your consent;
- With our service providers, partners, or contractors in connection with the services they perform for us or our developers;
- If we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In connection with a change in ownership or control of all or a part of our business (such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or bankruptcy);
- Between and among ZayZoon and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; or
As we believe reasonably appropriate to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, our partners, or ZayZoon.
We may collect, use, and share information we collect in an aggregated or de-identified manner (that does not identify you personally) for any purpose permitted under applicable law. This includes creating or using aggregated or de-identified data based on the collected information to develop new services and to facilitate research.
We retain information we collect about you for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in these Terms, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted under applicable law, regulation, or contract. As permitted under applicable law, even after you stop using an application or terminate your account with our developers we may still retain your information (for example, if there is residual information within our databases or systems); however, your information will only be used and shared as required by law or in accordance with these Terms.
Changes to These Terms
We may change the Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will post the new policy on ZayZoon’s website at www.zayzoon.com/legal and update the effective date at the top of these Terms.