Senior Product Designer
As our Sr. Product Designer, you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional user experience to our stakeholders, providing outstanding design leadership that drives intuitive interaction and nudges users towards responsible use of our financial wellness products. You will work closely with internal stakeholders, but to be successful, you’ll also do everything in your power to get insights from the end users outside our virtual walls -- including conversations, qualitative and quantitative behavioural observation and analysis.
While your primary function will be in advocating for and driving core product experience flows, you will achieve this with whatever artifacts necessary to effectively and efficiently communicate with and get inputs from your stakeholders. You’ll be responsible for surface-level tasks (UI design, typography, colour, layout), structural-level tasks (workflows, individual interactions, patterns, blueprints, guiding principles), strategy-level tasks (research, requirement gathering, discovery and solution space mapping, behavioural data analysis), and occasionally, vision-level tasks (product vision, organization planning, business strategy, recruitment).
Your approach will be to design with the ideal in mind, but to iterate through version implementation using a lean methodology: experimenting, measuring and honing in your designs by putting them in front of real users. This is not a waterfall shop, so you will balance your exceptionally high standards with a need to move very quickly.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US…
- Get fired up in a start-up culture where everyone owns the business, regardless of department or seniority
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Get the bigger picture, can see the forest through the trees, and know how to leverage your technical expertise to move a business forward
- Are quality focused, but also understand the need to hustle when the fire alarm starts blaring
- Are fiercely independent, and can take broad ideas and run with them
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other.
- Know how to wear multiple hats, and that every team member makes a difference
- Are constantly hustling to improve; always growing ourselves, each other, and our business
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Are an entrepreneurial company that believes in the importance of engaging all team members across all departments to work on moving the business forward together
- Work in a flexible environment, with emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times.
- Are fast paced and performance driven, but also know how to have fun!
OUR CORE VALUES
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery- Thirst for knowledge and improvement
DESIGN CHALLENGES AHEAD OF US
We have a big, hairy, audacious goal of becoming the Employee Financial Wellness solution that employers across the globe love to offer to their employees, and employees can’t live without because of how instrumental we are in improving their well-being.
In order to get there, we need to add polish and cohesiveness to our customer experience, iron out the kinks and build in behaviour-nudging product designs that help our customers derive direct financial value and improve their own financial health.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Are an innovative self-starter that constantly looks for a better way to do things
- Constantly take in input, but can disagree confidently and be decisive and not compromise on your design process, using both evidence and expertise to garner support
- Adapt your style to communicate your vision effectively to different audiences
- Can manage your time effectively under pressure, without compromising on product quality
- Are a data driven decision maker with an analytical mindset, who measures and adjusts based on explicit outcomes
- Elevate the team around you by providing mentorship, business context and feedback
- Collaborate with engineers to understand constraints in bringing your designs to life
- Take ownership over how your designs come together, get interpreted and implemented - end-to-end (beyond just software), and across the full product delivery lifecycle
- Have a broad understanding of the end-to-end design process and the many skills that fit under the title of Product Designer, including:
- Research and Discovery (direct conversation, behavioural observation and analysis)
- Interaction design
- Visual design (wireframes, and high fidelity mocks)
- Rapid Prototyping / Working Designs (for example, but not limited to: InVision, Webflow, Airtable, Zapier)
- and, ideally, some Front-End Development
- Derive designs from a solid understanding of customer needs, motivation and behaviours, in order to build outstanding UX using agile methodologies, and industry-standard design tools
- Are confident presenting design concepts to stakeholders along with strong rationale to validate concepts and have amazing storytelling skills and can clearly articulate the thinking and strategy behind your decisions
- Create aesthetically pleasant user interfaces that excite and delight users
- Are inherently analytical, and are guided by data (both qualitative and qualitative), using elements of Heuristic Evaluation to produce design recommendations for any medium
- Are intensely focused on break larger design experiences into vertical slices to ship features early and often
- Prefer to work alongside developers to see the designs come to fruition, and make any adjustments to the design as a team
- Can work effectively with remote team members and customers, and know how to overcome communication challenges that come with remote work
Minimum Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a UX or Product Design role, with products that are actively in use
- A demonstrable portfolio, preferably showcasing mobile and desktop design experiences, and highlighting competencies in problem-solving and leading a project from discovery through to implementation
IT WOULD BE NICE IF
- You had experience in financial technology or banking
- You had both B2C and B2B software design experience
- You had an awareness of behaviour psychology and behavioural economics principles, and use it in your designs
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
We are currently organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. While we will wait to see how the situation with COVID-19 progresses, we are likely to remain flexible with respect to remote work for the foreseeable future.
We offer competitive salary and compensation, along with a comprehensive benefits package. The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!
Sound like the job for you?
Got what it takes to work with us? Great! Send us a link to your resumé or portfolio to become part of our talent pool.