As a ZayZoon Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for helping to build B2B data integrations between the ZayZoon platform and those of our payroll partners and payment providers. You will be working with a myriad of clients, from payroll companies to established enterprises designing and building high quality, reliable and scalable integrations.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US…
- Get fired up in a start-up culture where everyone owns the business, regardless of department or seniority
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Get the bigger picture and know how to leverage your technical expertise to move a business forward
- Are quality focused, but also understand the need to hustle when the fire alarm starts blaring
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other.
- Know how to wear multiple hats, and that every team member makes a difference
- Are constantly hustling to improve; always growing ourselves, each other, and our business
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Are an entrepreneurial company that believes in the importance of engaging all team members across all departments to work on moving the business forward together
- Work in a flexible environment, with emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times.
- Are fast paced and performance driven, but also know how to have fun!
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Team player. Whether working solo or swarming, you can collaborate like a champ and understand the power of group learning
- Architectural mindset. Take a problem, run with it, solve it — but still know when to check back with your team
- Analytical problem solver that can differentiate between symptoms and root causes
- Effective communicator with the ability to work with everyone, across departments
- Detail oriented and know that the little things matter
- Hungry to grow your skills and yourself as a person
- Happy to mentor and grow the skills of those around you
What you'll do:
- Become a technical expert in the payroll and payment space and develop a deep understanding of the ZayZoon platform.
- Participate in partner calls, understanding their requirements and articulating ZayZoon's platform capabilities.
- Develop an understanding of the systems being used by partners.
- Providing visibility and transparency to both technical and non-technical cross functional teams.
- Work closely with ZayZoon’s Product and Engineering teams and scope the technical effort required to build integration solutions.
- Proactively surface technical gaps between partner systems and ZayZoon’s current service and technical capabilities, and collaborate closely to address them.
- Assist Sales and Operations to help answer questions from teams at ZayZoon and ZayZoon's partners.
- Prepare implementation documents for internal and external technical teams.
What you'll need:
- Ability to manage multiple disparate projects at any given time.
- Ability to communicate ZayZoon’s value proposition and handle objections.
- Experience leading technical discussions with internal and external stakeholders, including customers’ technical teams.
- Ability to write clear, concise documents that communicate complex integration requirements.
- A high level understanding of and experience with integration standards and protocols including SFTP, SOAP/REST APIs, XML, XSD, and JSON.
- A good understanding of database concepts and fluency in SQL.
NICE TO HAVE
- Demonstrated experience delivering solutions for enterprise integrations.
- Prior experience building and deploying robust programmatic integrations with APIs in a production environment.
- Ruby on Rails Experience.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!