Junior/Intermediate Ruby on Rails Developer
ZayZoon’s products are built in-house by a dedicated team of developers of all experience levels. We are looking for a Junior/Intermediate Ruby on Rails Developer to help us solve tough problems and think up innovative new solutions, based on software development best practices and an urge to be the best you can be. You will work on customer- and admin-facing products, third party integrations both canned and bespoke, and help architect the system toward greater flexibility, reliability, and scale.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US…
- Get fired up in a start-up culture where everyone owns the business, regardless of department or seniority
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Get the bigger picture and know how to leverage your technical expertise to move a business forward
- Are quality-focused, but also understand the need to hustle when the fire alarm starts blaring
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other.
- Know how to wear multiple hats, and that every team member makes a difference
- Are constantly hustling to improve; always growing ourselves, each other, and our business
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Are an entrepreneurial company that believes in the importance of engaging all team members across all departments to work on moving the business forward together
- Work in a flexible environment, with emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times.
- Are fast-paced and performance-driven, but also know how to have fun!
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Architectural mindset. Take any problem, run with it, solve it — but still know when to check back with your team
- Continuous Learning. You know you don’t know everything, and are eager to learn both on and off the job.
- Team player. Whether working solo or swarming, you can collaborate like a champ and understand the power of group learning
- Analytical problem solver that can differentiate between symptoms and root causes
- Effective communicator with the ability to work with everyone, across departments
- Detail oriented and know that the little things matter
- 1+ year of hands-on Ruby on Rails experience with production applications
- Know your Ruby, not just your Rails. You understand object oriented design principles, and why 1000-line models are bad.
- Own your code. Deep love of writing quality code, and leaving no workflow untested.
- Strong SQL skills. ActiveRecord isn’t everything.
- Experience with agile development, sprints and scrum.
- All the usual tooling: Git, Github, Jira, editor of your choice. (Plus the ability to search for good animated gifs when merging pull requests).
NICE TO HAVE
- More than 2 years real-world development experience
- Prior work with financial technology, accounting systems, or banking
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!