LEAD OUR CUSTOMER CARE TEAM TO HELP ACHIEVE OUR MOST IMPORTANT STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
WHO WE ARE
We are a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing Financial Technology and HR company that does right by employees across the US by not only giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, but a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness super-app that employees can’t live without, and employers are clamouring to offer to help attract and retain talent.
It’s how we’ve secured partnerships with franchisees such as McDonalds, KFC, Wendy’s, and Hilton Hotels! We destroy tech industry benchmarks for NPS (our 2022 score was 71!) and all you have to do is check out our 4.8-star Google Reviews to see how much Customers love us. Why do our customers love ZayZoon? Because we actually help them.
We’re at a turning point in scaling our organization. We are seeking a highly motivated, deeply experienced and resourceful leader to design, inspire, lead and scale the Customer Care organization for ZayZoon as we execute on our mission of saving 10 million employees $10 Billion. You will serve as a cross-functional leader inside the company, working with a variety of departments to drive a culture of customer-first supportability at scale. This role will be instrumental in optimizing all support channels and you will develop the vision and strategy to architect our support organization that underpins our obsession with customer focus and mindset.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Like to think on your feet and work in a fast paced role where every day can be a bit different
- Are not intimidated by a tight deadline if you know that means making a genuine impact
- Are a critical thinker who thinks outside the box and challenges the status quo to push your own limits, as well as those around you
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Have a strong sense of accountability - you ensure the job gets done on time, no hand holding necessary
- Are an innovative self-starter that's always looking for a better way to do things
- Get the bigger picture, and how to balance that with a focus on details because you know the little things matter
- Love small teams and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help others when needed
- Are looking for a great company you can grow with!
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other; we walk the talk when it comes to living our Core Values
- Know that every team member makes a difference; a sense of purpose comes from understanding our vision and how each person fits into it to move our business forward
- Constantly strive to improve - always growing ourselves, each other, and our business; you can expect leaders and teammates across our organization that will support you and ensure you are positioned for personal growth and success
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Value a flexible environment, with an emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means taking the time and space you need for yourself and your family, but also being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times
- Are a group of people that genuinely love what we do. ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading Employee NPS that is consistently above 70.
- Are highly engaged, fast-paced and performance-driven, but also know how to have fun!
- Create, manage, and drive execution of the customer care strategy for the employee customer persona across all stages and touch points in the customer journey
- Design a scalable customer support organizational structure to support a rapidly growing base of customers while preventing silos between the Success and Support functions as they move from implementation and service delivery through to ongoing customer support
- Optimize employee customer engagement and retention, taking ownership of customer support metrics throughout the customer funnel, CSAT, and response times
- Leverage critical questions and lead data gathering and synthesis, suggesting improvements in the tools, approaches, processes, and techniques to help scale the team
- Utilize deep product and industry knowledge to drive operational efficiency applying best practices across processes, tooling, automation, outsourcing as measured by customer support cost per transaction, and customer support cost per $ revenue
- Serve as the voice of the customer, maintaining a strong product feedback loop to leverage product development in regards to product led growth, retention, and operational efficiency
- Drive improvements to customer satisfaction across channels by understanding the struggle, and support needs to better surface opportunities for ZayZoon to respond
- Mentor and empower leaders within the Customer Care team to think strategically, long term, and understand the bigger picture
- Facilitate strong and regular 1:1’s, inspiring the team to achieve our mission, and acting as an ambassador for Customer Care cross functionally
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED TO BE SOMEONE WHO:
- Serves as a cross-functional leader inside the company, working with product, engineering, sales, marketing, and finance to drive a culture of customer-first supportability at scale
- Leads the operations of the Customer Care team to ensure we achieve ZayZoon’s most important strategic priorities and underpin our obsession with customer focus and mindset
- Defines how ZayZoon will optimize all support channels, including in-app messaging, email and potential future channels like phone, while developing and reinforcing ZayZoon’s team culture, driving customer happiness, and promoting employee success and supporting career progression.
- Develops the vision and strategy for Customer Care, acting as the architect for the support organization structure required to serve multiple customer personas at scale seamlessly tying together our Success and Support functions
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Experience in a fast-paced scaleup technology organization with a focus on B2C customer support scaling complex operations beyond 100+ team members
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with increasing levels of leadership responsibility and significant experience leading and developing leaders
- Understands the world of B2B support and how to successfully unify the Success and Support functions
- Possess the ability to lead transformation and implement scalable support related tools - livechat, ticketing, integration to CRM
- Demonstrated experience of building out a tiered support organization in a rapidly growing and changing scaleup
- Applied knowledge of setting up third party outsourcing while maintaining quality standards
- Mentorship mentality - you are passionate about growing the next generation of leaders; taking charge of career pathing, development, and succession planning
- Strategic approach with a clear vision of what’s required at scale and how to get there
- Customer centric mindset in all decision making, you have the ability to recognize new opportunities and ensure the voice of the customer is echoed in product led growth
- Loves to build and contribute in a hands-on manner that will help the team achieve their goals and priorities
- Problem solves with a creative mindset and expertise in balancing and articulating trade-offs at scale
Extra points if you have:
- Experience with Intercom, JIRA, and HubSpot(or similar)
- Experience in financial technology, payroll or banking industry
Our Core Values are our shared beliefs as a team. We bring them to life in our organization by recognizing when someone demonstrates them in their actions. They are the rules of engagement for our team that guide our decisions and we treat each other, our partners, and our customers. Are you aligned with our Core Values?
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery - Thirst for knowledge and improvement
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
Candidates must be based in USA in order to be considered.
We are organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. You must have access to a secure high speed internet connection and a secure workspace to ensure security of private information. This role is available on a permanently remote basis.
Due to the nature of our business the chosen candidate must undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!