HELP BUILD OUR PEOPLE PRACTICE
WHO WE ARE
We are a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing Financial Technology and HR company that does right by employees across the US by not only giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, but a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness super-app that employees can’t live without, and employers are clamouring to offer to help attract and retain talent.
It’s how we’ve secured partnerships with franchisees such as McDonalds, KFC, Wendy’s, and Hilton Hotels! We destroy tech industry benchmarks for NPS (our 2022 score was 71!) and all you have to do is check out our 4.8-star Google Reviews to see how much Customers love us. Why do our customers love ZayZoon? Because we actually help them.
As our first Talent Acquisition Specialist at ZayZoon, you will play a crucial role in attracting and hiring individuals who share our vision and values, while balancing the needs of top tier experience. You will collaborate with hiring managers and facilitate end-end recruitment aligned with business objectives. This is an opportunity to help build and shape a recruitment function and support efforts of a growing People & Culture team.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Like to think on your feet and work in a fast paced role where every day can be a bit different
- Are not intimidated by a tight deadline if you know that means making a genuine impact
- Are a critical thinker who thinks outside the box and challenges the status quo to push your own limits, as well as those around you
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Have a strong sense of accountability - you ensure the job gets done on time, no hand holding necessary
- Are an innovative self-starter that's always looking for a better way to do things
- Get the bigger picture, and how to balance that with a focus on details because you know the little things matter
- Love small teams and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help others when needed
- Are looking for a great company you can grow with!
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other; we walk the talk when it comes to living our Core Values
- Know that every team member makes a difference; a sense of purpose comes from understanding our vision and how each person fits into it to move our business forward
- Constantly strive to improve - always growing ourselves, each other, and our business; you can expect leaders and teammates across our organization that will support you and ensure you are positioned for personal growth and success
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Value a flexible environment, with an emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means taking the time and space you need for yourself and your family, but also being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times
- Are a group of people that genuinely love what we do. ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading Employee NPS that is consistently above 70.
- Are highly engaged, fast-paced and performance-driven, but also know how to have fun!
- As a trusted advisor to the business, lead the full cycle recruitment process from intake meeting to candidate acceptance on a variety of roles including key strategic leadership positions
- Leverage in-depth screening to ensure candidates possess the right competencies, behaviours and skills, to be successful in their position
- Liaise with Hiring Managers throughout the recruitment process, to ensure candidate profiles align with position specifications and core competencies.
- Facilitate candidate feedback sessions with Hiring Managers and other collaborators as required
- Support talent mapping exercises and align recruitment approach to build the best strategy for each search, including direct sourcing, networking and researching
- Acts as a primary contact with Candidates ensuring a strong Candidate experience throughout
- Maintain detailed records and recruitment files, on interviewed or screened candidates.
- Develop robust talent pipelines, with a focus on engaging and attracting both passive and actively searching candidates
- Assist with initial team member onboarding
- Collaborate with marketing team, executing on marketing campaigns on employer branding and culture
- Lead various People & Culture projects related to such topics as system/tooling roll outs, talent branding, DEIB, process improvement, candidate attraction, etc.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED TO BE SOMEONE WHO:
- Has extensive experience in end-to-end recruitment activities, including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and onboarding candidates
- Demonstrates a track record of launching successful recruitment programs and initiatives that have enhanced talent acquisition outcomes
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and can effectively engage with candidates and hiring teams
- Shows a proactive and results-oriented approach to recruitment, always striving for continuous improvement
- Exhibits strong organizational skills and can manage multiple priorities
- Has a passion for employer branding and understands the importance of building a strong company culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience, this might include agency, in house recruiting with a focus on technology scale up and diverse organizations
- Combined experience includes strategic sourcing, social media reach-outs (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook groups), leveraging network contacts of Hiring Managers and Employees, and other creative sources.
- Understanding of the value of sharing your experience and you can engage methodologies with your team members and hiring managers to support streamlined and efficient recruitment strategies
- Knowledge on how to partner with senior executives and front-line hiring managers to ensure the best hire for the position is found
- You are excited for the opportunity to dive into projects and initiatives that will support the scale of the business and function
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience rolling out tools that include Applicant Tracking Systems, CRMs and more
- Experience with Topgrading methodology
- Understanding of the HR/FINtech world, payroll and benefits industry, banking industry
Our Core Values are our shared beliefs as a team. We bring them to life in our organization by recognizing when someone demonstrates them in their actions. They are the rules of engagement for our team that guide our decisions and we treat each other, our partners, and our customers. Are you aligned with our Core Values?
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery - Thirst for knowledge and improvement
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
Candidates must be based in Canada in order to be considered.
We are organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. You must have access to a secure high speed internet connection and a secure workspace to ensure security of private information. This role is available on a permanently remote basis.
Due to the nature of our business the chosen candidate must undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!