JOIN THE TEAM RESHAPING THE WORLD OF EARNED WAGE ACCESS
WHO WE ARE
We are a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing Financial Technology and HR company that does right by employees across the US by not only giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, but a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness super-app that employees can’t live without, and employers are clamouring to offer to help attract and retain talent.
It’s how we’ve secured partnerships with franchisees such as McDonalds, KFC, Wendy’s, and Hilton Hotels! We destroy tech industry benchmarks for NPS (our 2022 score was 71!) and all you have to do is check out our 4.8-star Google Reviews to see how much Customers love us. Why do our customers love ZayZoon? Because we actually help them.
The Support Engineer will assist with system integrations with new payroll partners, integrations with payment providers, and writing back end and front end code for customer facing web applications and our administrative back office. Through various project management tasks, the Support Engineer will participate in the full life cycle of a partner integration interacting with key functions in the company and attending technical partner calls.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Like to think on your feet and work in a fast paced role where every day can be a bit different
- Are not intimidated by a tight deadline if you know that means making a genuine impact
- Are a critical thinker who thinks outside the box and challenges the status quo to push your own limits, as well as those around you
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Have a strong sense of accountability - you ensure the job gets done on time, no hand holding necessary
- Are an innovative self-starter that's always looking for a better way to do things
- Get the bigger picture, and how to balance that with a focus on details because you know the little things matter
- Love small teams and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help others when needed
- Are looking for a great company you can grow with!
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other; we walk the talk when it comes to living our Core Values
- Know that every team member makes a difference; a sense of purpose comes from understanding our vision and how each person fits into it to move our business forward
- Constantly strive to improve - always growing ourselves, each other, and our business; you can expect leaders and teammates across our organization that will support you and ensure you are positioned for personal growth and success
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Value a flexible environment, with an emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means taking the time and space you need for yourself and your family, but also being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times
- Are a group of people that genuinely love what we do. ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading Employee NPS that is consistently above 70.
- Are highly engaged, fast-paced and performance-driven, but also know how to have fun!
- Technical support for Employer’s core web and mobile applications, including debugging, fixing, and developing new solutions for account issues (AI);
- Working with and training of other department staff, including but not limited to Customer Support and Finance, on debugging AI;
- Supporting the Senior Support Engineer on maintaining our AI ticketing systems, related support systems, and AI-related product backlog;
- Building, maintaining, and architecting Employer’s core web and mobile applications, including back end and front end code;
- Participating in our agile development process, including but not limited to daily stand ups and sprint meetings.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED TO BE SOMEONE WHO:
- Is comfortable working with other departments like Customer support and Finance to debug and resolve application issues
- Understands the nuance of effective communication when working with internal and external stakeholders to resolve integration issues
- Can leverage data analysis to identify recurring issues and problem patterns, and propose solutions
- Will work closely with our product and risk teams to optimize an intervention-free customer experience
- Builds new features focused on our internal admin app, as well as working alongside other dev pods on core feature improvements
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 1+ year of hands-on Ruby on Rails experience with production applications
- Know your Ruby, not just your Rails. You understand object oriented design principles, and why 1000-line models are bad.
- Own your code. Deep love of writing quality code, and leaving no workflow untested.
- Strong SQL skills. ActiveRecord isn’t everything.
- Willing and capable full-stack ability. Our features are assigned vertically, so you will be crafting
- Experience with agile development, sprints and scrum.
- All the usual tooling: Git, Github, Jira, editor of your choice. (Plus the ability to search for good animated gifs when merging pull requests)
Bonus points if you have
- Financial technology, accounting systems, or banking industries
- Building and scaling user focused web applications
- Experience integrating with cloud-based payment processors (eg, Stripe, PayPal)
Our Core Values are our shared beliefs as a team. We bring them to life in our organization by recognizing when someone demonstrates them in their actions. They are the rules of engagement for our team that guide our decisions and we treat each other, our partners, and our customers. Are you aligned with our Core Values?
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery - Thirst for knowledge and improvement
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
Candidates must be based in Canada in order to be considered.
We are organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. You must have access to a secure high speed internet connection and a secure workspace to ensure security of private information. This role is available on a permanently remote basis.
Due to the nature of our business the chosen candidate must undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!