JOIN THE COMPANY RESHAPING THE WORLD OF FINANCIAL WELLBEING
WHO WE ARE
We are a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing Financial Technology and HR company that does right by employees across the US by not only giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, but a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness super-app that employees can’t live without, and employers are clamouring to offer to help attract and retain talent.
It’s how we’ve secured partnerships with franchisees such as McDonalds, KFC, Wendy’s, and Hilton Hotels! We destroy tech industry benchmarks for NPS (our 2022 score was 71!) and all you have to do is check out our 4.8-star Google Reviews to see how much Customers love us. Why do our customers love ZayZoon? Because we actually help them.
As the Senior Product Manager for Employer Engagement, you will lead ZayZoon’s product discovery and development for thousands of SMB Employers accessible through our partnerships and channels, uncovering opportunities to provide direct value to these stakeholders. These opportunities, in turn, will drive digital engagement by employers and ultimately increased adoption of Earned Wage Access and other Financial products that improve employee financial wellness.
To do this effectively, you will know our buyer and decision-makers inside and out, and you will use both qualitative and quantitative data to make informed bets on the products and features that will make channel partners excited to sell ZayZoon to their clients, clients excited to activate ZayZoon. You will live in the world of acquisition, activation and retention and will live and die by these metrics.
Over the next 12 months, you will thrive in the world of low-cost, high-impact experimentation, employing lean methodologies with a small pod of technical and marketing experts to accelerate the “0 to 1” product-market alignment through data-informed iteration, with a singular focus on delivering value to users. Over time, this will transition to a mature product management role, and will become a rare opportunity to establish a product roadmap, and help drive the product vision and strategy.
You and your team will play a mission-critical role in ZayZoon’s scale-up strategy. With your expertise, ZayZoon will set itself apart from other options. This will help us excel at attracting new SMB Employers, engaging them, and guiding them to get the message out to employees to maximize the impact on employees’ financial lives.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Like to think on your feet and work in a fast paced role where every day can be a bit different
- Are not intimidated by a tight deadline if you know that means making a genuine impact
- Are a critical thinker who thinks outside the box and challenges the status quo to push your own limits, as well as those around you
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Have a strong sense of accountability - you ensure the job gets done on time, no hand holding necessary
- Are an innovative self-starter that's always looking for a better way to do things
- Get the bigger picture, and how to balance that with a focus on details because you know the little things matter
- Love small teams and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help others when needed
- Are looking for a great company you can grow with!
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other; we walk the talk when it comes to living our Core Values
- Know that every team member makes a difference; a sense of purpose comes from understanding our vision and how each person fits into it to move our business forward
- Constantly strive to improve - always growing ourselves, each other, and our business; you can expect leaders and teammates across our organization that will support you and ensure you are positioned for personal growth and success
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Value a flexible environment, with an emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means taking the time and space you need for yourself and your family, but also being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times
- Are a group of people that genuinely love what we do. ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading Employee NPS that is consistently above 70.
- Are highly engaged, fast-paced and performance-driven, but also know how to have fun!
- Product Discovery and Experimentation: Uncover the opportunities that are most likely to drive engagement with buyer personas and lead to both regular interaction, and willingness to pay - in alignment with our core mission. Speaking directly with buyer personas to discover needs while limiting any biases in input. Using a lean approach to build and iterate on extremely low cost experiments to determine the most impactful value propositions, the best paths to market, and on some occasions - pricing.
- Product Design & Development: Work closely Product Marketing, Product Designers and Developers to ensure products meet user needs and Go-To-Market is not an after-thought. You will be the product owner for a large segment of our work, so while a big part of your work will be on 0->1 product discovery, another part will be on more mature in-market products including major channel integrations. Your primary goal will be on the delivery of value, and you will work to make sure that products built get off the shelf and achieve the intended value, or at a minimum, drive learnings.
- Agile Product Lifecycle Management: Given the mix of new and existing products, you will be comfortable running the end-to-end product lifecycle and fluent with the tools of the product management trade (JIRA, Confluence, FullStory, Analytics). You will own the short term roadmap and should be able to comfortably navigate discussions with both internal and external stakeholders to build feedback loops, raise opportunities, ruthlessly prioritize, drive focus and alignment.
- Product Analytics and Measurement: You will use both qualitative and quantitative measures of product performance to uncover areas of friction and ensure that you are working in an 80/20 fashion -- and will help others do the same.
- Evangelism & Advocacy: You will be at the forefront of product work as it relates to both Employers and Channels partners (e.g. platforms, integrations) and will regularly interact with stakeholders outside of our walls. You will use these opportunities to represent ZayZoon as the easiest financial benefits provider to work with, with the most tangible benefit.
- Leadership and Mentorship: While we are a relatively small product team today, you will be a senior member of the team and, as such, will help mentor more junior members to help them develop professionally and become more focused Product professionals.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED TO BE SOMEONE WHO:
- Is highly driven and highly accountable. You operate best in supported autonomy and can work well with others
- Is data driven decision maker with an analytical mindset, who measures and adjusts based on explicit outcomes. You use experimentation to learn quickly and converge on effective techniques
- Can work in chaotic environments, often with multiple projects and initiatives at various levels of ambiguity on the go and are effective at reducing chaos and ambiguity
- Can stay up to date on the latest product thinking and best practices
Our ideal candidate should have extensive product management experience, ideally in a variety of settings. Their singular focus should be on the delivery of value to customers -- and as such, they should be highly motivated and highly analytical. They should feel comfortable getting “out of the office” so to speak and connecting with customers in order to establish and maintain a strong user voice.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5+ years experience in B2B product management
- 2+ years building product for SMBs, resulting in a deep understanding of the day-to-day experience for SMB operators
- You have successfully built and launched multiple products to market and can speak intelligently to what worked and what didn’t and why
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams to bring products to life - you are valuable, well-liked and trusted by Sales, Marketing and Success alike.
- Ability to effectively synthesize complex product ideas into simple, easy to digest snippets driving straight to the “so what?” behind it, using empathy as your foundational guardrail
- An ability to understand complex systems and see the forest through the trees
- Proficiency in Product Tools and Processes, including Agile Product Ownership - Alignment, roadmap development, backlog management, JIRA, Confluence, FullStory, Intercom
- FinTech startup or scaleup experience is very highly regarded, in particular experience in HR Tech, Payroll or Benefits
Our Core Values are our shared beliefs as a team. We bring them to life in our organization by recognizing when someone demonstrates them in their actions. They are the rules of engagement for our team that guide our decisions and we treat each other, our partners, and our customers. Are you aligned with our Core Values?
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery - Thirst for knowledge and improvement
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
Candidates must be based in Canada in order to be considered.
We are organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. You must have access to a secure high speed internet connection and a secure workspace to ensure security of private information. This role is available on a permanently remote basis.
Due to the nature of our business the chosen candidate must undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!