BECOME OUR FIRST RISK OPERATIONS MANAGER HELPING RESHAPE THE WORLD OF FINANCIAL WELLBEING
WHO WE ARE
We are a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing Financial Technology and HR company that does right by employees across the US by not only giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, but a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness super-app that employees can’t live without, and employers are clamouring to offer to help attract and retain talent.
It’s how we’ve secured partnerships with franchisees such as McDonalds, KFC, Wendy’s, and Hilton Hotels! We destroy tech industry benchmarks for NPS (our 2022 score was 71!) and all you have to do is check out our 4.8-star Google Reviews to see how much Customers love us. Why do our customers love ZayZoon? Because we actually help them.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Like to think on your feet and work in a fast paced role where every day can be a bit different
- Are not intimidated by a tight deadline if you know that means making a genuine impact
- Are a critical thinker who thinks outside the box and challenges the status quo to push your own limits, as well as those around you
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Have a strong sense of accountability - you ensure the job gets done on time, no hand holding necessary
- Are an innovative self-starter that's always looking for a better way to do things
- Get the bigger picture, and how to balance that with a focus on details because you know the little things matter
- Love small teams and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help others when needed
- Are looking for a great company you can grow with!
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other; we walk the talk when it comes to living our Core Values
- Know that every team member makes a difference; a sense of purpose comes from understanding our vision and how each person fits into it to move our business forward
- Constantly strive to improve - always growing ourselves, each other, and our business; you can expect leaders and teammates across our organization that will support you and ensure you are positioned for personal growth and success
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Value a flexible environment, with an emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means taking the time and space you need for yourself and your family, but also being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times
- Are a group of people that genuinely love what we do. ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading Employee NPS that is consistently above 70.
- Are highly engaged, fast-paced and performance-driven, but also know how to have fun!
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop our risk operations framework
- Develop best practices for our partner success teams to ensure we have optimized our financial funds flow to minimize high risk events
- Work directly with product and account management teams to create client onboarding, offboarding and technical processes to maintain target risk thresholds
- Manage risk reduction projects that may involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Be the operational extension of our risk product management and analytics team
- Measure impacts of risk initiatives and use this measurement to drive operational priorities
- Interface directly with product, data and revops teams to automate processes and analytics to support the riskops function
- Along with finance, customer success and legal, develop fraud detection and remediation processes
- Manage the operational framework for how Risk Operations prioritizes strategic initiatives, creates goals, sets priorities, and measures output
- Represent risk operations as a requirement in critical conversations with business partners
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED TO BE SOMEONE WHO:
- Experience in risk, compliance or financial operations across internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated project/program management skills and building and scaling programs from an early stage on up
- An analytical approach to problem solving and prioritization
- An exceptional ability to think both strategically and tactically
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5+ years' experience in the financial services industry, with direct experience in risk management, risk and control or financial/IT audits
- Post-secondary education, preferably with a specialization in finance or risk management
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and relationship building skills. Can you convey the value of an initiative, get buy-in and demonstrate success?
- Experience with BI, CRM and project management software
- Critical thinking and ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Our Core Values are our shared beliefs as a team. We bring them to life in our organization by recognizing when someone demonstrates them in their actions. They are the rules of engagement for our team that guide our decisions and we treat each other, our partners, and our customers. Are you aligned with our Core Values?
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery - Thirst for knowledge and improvement
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
Candidates must be based in Canada in order to be considered.
We are organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. You must have access to a secure high speed internet connection and a secure workspace to ensure security of private information. This role is available on a permanently remote basis.
Due to the nature of our business the chosen candidate must undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!