JOIN THE COMPANY RESHAPING THE WORLD OF FINANCIAL WELLBEING
WHO WE ARE
We are a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing Financial Technology and HR company that does right by employees across the US by not only giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, but a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness super-app that employees can’t live without, and employers are clamouring to offer to help attract and retain talent.
It’s how we’ve secured partnerships with franchisees such as McDonalds, KFC, Wendy’s, and Hilton Hotels! We destroy tech industry benchmarks for NPS (our 2022 score was 71!) and all you have to do is check out our 4.8-star Google Reviews to see how much Customers love us. Why do our customers love ZayZoon? Because we actually help them.
As our Product Marketing leader, you will be in charge of optimizing product-market fit for our core earned wage access products, and any new products and features we launch. To us, this means having a deep understanding of the market, channels and ecosystem in which we play, and using that to prioritize the problems we solve, influence the way we solve them, and lead the way we bring solutions to market. You will work with closely both Product and Marketing (as well as Sales, Success and Business Development) to make GTM strategy a primary consideration in everything we do and in so doing, contribute to a measurable increase in revenue and adoption.
You will play a mission-critical role in helping ZayZoon scale up its proven product-market fit to help bring ZayZoon into the hands of the millions of americans who live paycheck to paycheck and struggle with cash flow timing. With your expertise and know-how, we will build a team that excels at leveraging our distribution channels in optimal ways, creating strong motivations and alignments throughout the value chain, and bringing greater value and impact to more end customers, the employees who need access to their wages.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Like to think on your feet and work in a fast paced role where every day can be a bit different
- Are not intimidated by a tight deadline if you know that means making a genuine impact
- Are a critical thinker who thinks outside the box and challenges the status quo to push your own limits, as well as those around you
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Have a strong sense of accountability - you ensure the job gets done on time, no hand holding necessary
- Are an innovative self-starter that's always looking for a better way to do things
- Get the bigger picture, and how to balance that with a focus on details because you know the little things matter
- Love small teams and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help others when needed
- Are looking for a great company you can grow with!
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other; we walk the talk when it comes to living our Core Values
- Know that every team member makes a difference; a sense of purpose comes from understanding our vision and how each person fits into it to move our business forward
- Constantly strive to improve - always growing ourselves, each other, and our business; you can expect leaders and teammates across our organization that will support you and ensure you are positioned for personal growth and success
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Value a flexible environment, with an emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means taking the time and space you need for yourself and your family, but also being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times
- Are a group of people that genuinely love what we do. ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading Employee NPS that is consistently above 70.
- Are highly engaged, fast-paced and performance-driven, but also know how to have fun!
- Go-To-Market Planning, Strategy and & Execution: Create and effectively execute and measure on Go-To-Market strategy and plans (messaging, promotion, sales enablement, pricing) for products and features to hit our revenue targets and other KPIs. Create content (e.g. sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, and other assets) alongside marketing to articulate the benefits of our product to the world. Ensure that valuable product assets do not remain “on the shelf”.
- User, Competitive and Market Research: Perform competitive research and help position us to win more customers. Develop and understand user personas, speaking directly with external stakeholders , to be able to effectively champion their needs. Keep the company up-to-date with market trends and competition, and keep us several steps ahead of the competition at all times.
- Positioning and Messaging: Own the positioning and messaging for products to different stakeholders. Advocate for customer needs in planning and product roadmap. Together with the product team, educate and inspire both internal and external parties on the story of our product, its features and its benefits.
- Product Content Creation: Plan and develop assets to support and enable the go-to-market tactics that are most effective across the organization, including internal facing content like training, success macros, and external-facing content like data sheets, sales and BD decks, blogs, demos, implementation guides. Own technical as well as sales documentation.
- Customer Marketing: Map out and understand customer journeys and work with growth marketing teams to engineer and run effective touch-points and campaigns to optimize awareness, conversion and life-time value across multiple media types and channels (e.g. activation drips, passive newsletters, awareness campaigns).
- Product Development: You and your team will work closely with Product Managers, Designers and Developers in early stages of product and feature ideation to ensure product meets user needs and Go-To-Market is not an after-thought. Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- Leadership, Mentorship and Organizational Design: While we are a relatively small product team today, you will be a leader within the team and, as such, will play a central role in the definition of the product marketing function at ZayZoon and the investments we need to make in this regard.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED TO BE SOMEONE WHO:
- Has the ability to effectively synthesize complex product ideas into simple, easy to digest snippets driving straight to the “so what?” behind it, using empathy as your foundational guardrail
- Has the ability to understand complex systems and see the forest through the trees
- Is highly driven and highly accountable, and can work well across teams to drive results
- Is a data driven decision maker with an analytical mindset, who measures and adjusts based on explicit outcomes. You use experimentation to learn quickly and converge on effective techniques to drive results
- Is highly collaborative and can comfortably navigate the rapidly changing organizational dynamics of a growing company while maintaining high levels of trust
- Can work in chaotic environments, often with multiple projects and initiatives at various levels of ambiguity on the go and are effective at reducing chaos and ambiguity
Our ideal candidate should have extensive product marketing experience both as an individual contributor and as a team and functional leader, ideally in a variety of settings. Their singular focus should be on accelerating the optimization of product-market and go-to-market fit with customers on the basis of real, delivered value. As such, the candidate should be highly motivated, highly results-driven and highly analytical. They should feel comfortable getting “out of the office” so to speak and connecting with customers in order to establish and maintain a strong user voice, and a natural at establishing ties
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 6+ years experience in B2B product marketing, ideally with experience marketing to SMBs (50-5000 employees), franchises etc. within a channel/partner distribution strategy
- 3+ years as a team and functional leader, with experience building out high-leverage results-oriented product marketing functions
- Track record of:
- Defining effective go-to-market strategies and executing on them, including an ability to pivot and be agile when new information surfaces
- Successfully launching products and features to market with measurable impact on revenue results
- Finding value in existing assets and getting them “off the shelf”
- Highly regarded:
- FinTech startup or scaleup experience, in particular experience in HR Tech, Payroll or Benefits
- Familiarity with B2C product and lifecycle marketing
Our Core Values are our shared beliefs as a team. We bring them to life in our organization by recognizing when someone demonstrates them in their actions. They are the rules of engagement for our team that guide our decisions and we treat each other, our partners, and our customers. Are you aligned with our Core Values?
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery - Thirst for knowledge and improvement
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
Candidates must be based in USA in order to be considered.
We are organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. You must have access to a secure high speed internet connection and a secure workspace to ensure security of private information. This role is available on a permanently remote basis.
Due to the nature of our business the chosen candidate must undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!