JOIN THE COMPANY RESHAPING THE WORLD OF FINANCIAL WELLBEING
WHO WE ARE
We are a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing Financial Technology and HR company that does right by employees across the US by not only giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, but a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness super-app that employees can’t live without, and employers are clamouring to offer to help attract and retain talent.
It’s how we’ve secured partnerships with franchisees such as McDonalds, KFC, Wendy’s, and Hilton Hotels! We destroy tech industry benchmarks for NPS (our 2022 score was 71!) and all you have to do is check out our 4.8-star Google Reviews to see how much Customers love us. Why do our customers love ZayZoon? Because we actually help them.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Like to think on your feet and work in a fast paced role where every day can be a bit different
- Are not intimidated by a tight deadline if you know that means making a genuine impact
- Are a critical thinker who thinks outside the box and challenges the status quo to push your own limits, as well as those around you
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Have a strong sense of accountability - you ensure the job gets done on time, no hand holding necessary
- Are an innovative self-starter that's always looking for a better way to do things
- Get the bigger picture, and how to balance that with a focus on details because you know the little things matter
- Love small teams and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help others when needed
- Are looking for a great company you can grow with!
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other; we walk the talk when it comes to living our Core Values
- Know that every team member makes a difference; a sense of purpose comes from understanding our vision and how each person fits into it to move our business forward
- Constantly strive to improve - always growing ourselves, each other, and our business; you can expect leaders and teammates across our organization that will support you and ensure you are positioned for personal growth and success
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Value a flexible environment, with an emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means taking the time and space you need for yourself and your family, but also being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times
- Are a group of people that genuinely love what we do. ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading Employee NPS that is consistently above 70.
- Are highly engaged, fast-paced and performance-driven, but also know how to have fun!
- Work with your team to develop rolling financial forecasts and performance models based on business inputs and key performance indicators.
- Go beyond the numbers to generate business insights and provide recommendations for actionable decision making
- Evaluate product and business line performance and identify strategic opportunities for improvement.
- Apply strong analytical skills, judgment, attention to detail, and creativity to effectively solve problems.
- Create and present financial reporting to the leadership team.
- Daily monitoring of bank accounts.
- Ensure the timely funding and disbursements for all bank accounts.
- Ensure adequate cash liquidity for daily, weekly, and monthly cash flow forecasting.
- Process foreign currency exchanges and payments.
- Prepare credit facility compliance reporting.
- Create and enhance financial processes, guidelines, and policies.
- Oversee forecast cash flow positions, related funding needs and funds available for investment.
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Be an active member of the finance team, willing to investigate and pioneer solutions to problems, and be flexible in completing assigned tasks.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED TO BE SOMEONE WHO:
- Communicates effectively and has the ability to work with everyone, across departments
- Strong analytical, decision-making, planning, and organizational skills with a keen sense towards detail
- Gets the bigger picture and knows how to leverage your expertise to move a business forward
- Possesses the ability to explain numbers and technical financial subjects to non-financial audience
- Gets fired up in a scale-up culture where everyone owns the business, regardless of department or seniority
- Comfortable working with autonomy and ownership in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative to resolve issues
- Is a team player. Whether working solo or swarming, you can collaborate like a champ and understand the power of group learning
- Wants to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or Accounting
- 3-5 years of finance-related experience is ideal; experience in a fast-paced environment (e.g. investment banking, private equity, or consulting) would be useful
- CFA, CPA or progress towards a CFA, or CPA is an asset
- Proven expertise in Excel modeling, analytics and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of FP&A and business operations
- Prior experience within a high growth organization or a professional services environment is a plus.
- It would also be nice if you had experience with SQL.
Our Core Values are our shared beliefs as a team. We bring them to life in our organization by recognizing when someone demonstrates them in their actions. They are the rules of engagement for our team that guide our decisions and we treat each other, our partners, and our customers. Are you aligned with our Core Values?
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery - Thirst for knowledge and improvement
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
Candidates must be based in Canada in order to be considered.
We are organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. You must have access to a secure high speed internet connection and a secure workspace to ensure security of private information. This role is available on a permanently remote basis.
Due to the nature of our business the chosen candidate must undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!