JOIN THE TEAM RESHAPING THE WORLD OF EARNED WAGE ACCESS
WHO WE ARE
We are a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing Financial Technology and HR company that does right by employees across the US by not only giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, but a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness super-app that employees can’t live without, and employers are clamouring to offer to help attract and retain talent.
It’s how we’ve secured partnerships with franchisees such as McDonalds, KFC, Wendy’s, and Hilton Hotels! We destroy tech industry benchmarks for NPS (our 2022 score was 71!) and all you have to do is check out our 4.8-star Google Reviews to see how much Customers love us. Why do our customers love ZayZoon? Because we actually help them.
The Software Developer will help us solve tough problems and think up innovative new solutions, based on software development best practices and an urge to be the best you can be. You will work on customer and admin-facing products, third-party integrations both canned and bespoke, and help architect the system toward greater flexibility, reliability, and scale.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Like to think on your feet and work in a fast paced role where every day can be a bit different
- Are not intimidated by a tight deadline if you know that means making a genuine impact
- Are a critical thinker who thinks outside the box and challenges the status quo to push your own limits, as well as those around you
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Have a strong sense of accountability - you ensure the job gets done on time, no hand holding necessary
- Are an innovative self-starter that's always looking for a better way to do things
- Get the bigger picture, and how to balance that with a focus on details because you know the little things matter
- Love small teams and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help others when needed
- Are looking for a great company you can grow with!
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other; we walk the talk when it comes to living our Core Values
- Know that every team member makes a difference; a sense of purpose comes from understanding our vision and how each person fits into it to move our business forward
- Constantly strive to improve - always growing ourselves, each other, and our business; you can expect leaders and teammates across our organization that will support you and ensure you are positioned for personal growth and success
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Value a flexible environment, with an emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means taking the time and space you need for yourself and your family, but also being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times
- Are a group of people that genuinely love what we do. ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading Employee NPS that is consistently above 70.
- Are highly engaged, fast-paced and performance-driven, but also know how to have fun!
- Creative problem solving, that involves understanding the full scope of the problem. mapping out solutions and leveraging data to back up assertions
- Building, maintaining, and architecting core web and mobile applications, including back-end and front-end code
- Integrating with and maintaining third party tools and services
- Participating in our agile development process, including but not limited to sprint planning, story grooming and daily stand ups
- Work directly with key cross-functional departments to ensure rapid response rates to operational issues that affect the financial pipeline and provide best in class customer experiences
- Collaboration with dev pod and broader team via pull request reviews, knowledge sharing and pairing on complex stories
- Adherence to our SDLC and secure coding practises and environment
- Assist with reviewing incoming product feature requests and customer feedback for product management purposes
- Champion ZayZoon’s mission to provide responsible financial products to an underserved generation of employees
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED TO BE SOMEONE WHO:
- Has a passion for working on mission critical systems and love the challenge of juggling multiple projects and working with different team members throughout the business
- Is detail oriented and know that the little things matter
- Naturally takes an analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to differentiate between root causes vs. symptoms
- Has a knack for figuring out how things work and documenting processes
- Demonstrates the ability to make the connection from development tasks, to the bigger picture impact on business strategy
- Brings a positive and open-minded attitude with a desire to innovate and challenge the status quo
- Is an effective, transparent communicator who would rather overshare the truth than obscure it
- Brings a thirst for knowledge and drive for continuous self improvement
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2+ years of hands-on Ruby on Rails experience with production applications
- Experience solving issues around scale, background processing, and consumption of third party APIs
- Know your stuff. SOLID coding principles, domain-driven design, performant code and queries, unit testing.
- Ability to build quick when we need to experiment, build clean when MVP becomes core functionality
- Strong SQL and data analysis skills and an eagerness to dig into data as part of problem solving
- Full stack mentality. Every dev owns their features in full, meaning all the way from back end to front end code, automated and real life testing, demos, and delivery
- Experience with agile development, sprints and scrum
- All the usual tooling: Git, Github, Jira, editor of your choice. (Plus the ability to search for good animated gifs when merging pull requests)
Bonus points if you
- Competence with React, or React Native
- Experience or interest in DevOps, particularly around cloud services and AWS
- Prior work with financial technology, accounting systems, or banking
Our Core Values are our shared beliefs as a team. We bring them to life in our organization by recognizing when someone demonstrates them in their actions. They are the rules of engagement for our team that guide our decisions and we treat each other, our partners, and our customers. Are you aligned with our Core Values?
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery - Thirst for knowledge and improvement
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
Candidates must be based in Canada in order to be considered.
We are organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. You must have access to a secure high speed internet connection and a secure workspace to ensure security of private information. This role is available on a permanently remote basis.
Due to the nature of our business the chosen candidate must undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!