JOIN THE COMPANY RESHAPING THE WORLD OF FINANCIAL WELLBEING
WHO WE ARE
We are a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing Financial Technology and HR company that does right by employees across the US by not only giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, but a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness super-app that employees can’t live without, and employers are clamouring to offer to help attract and retain talent.
It’s how we’ve secured partnerships with franchisees such as McDonalds, KFC, Wendy’s, and Hilton Hotels! We destroy tech industry benchmarks for NPS (our 2022 score was 71!) and all you have to do is check out our 4.8-star Google Reviews to see how much Customers love us. Why do our customers love ZayZoon? Because we actually help them.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant is a key player in the Finance team. A primary focus will be working with internal and external partners to ensure any discrepancies in funds flow are resolved lightning fast! You will drive identification of trends, root causes and the development of scalable solutions to reduce delinquency rate and improve revenue through cross functional collaboration. This role also directly serves our mission by assisting our Customer Success team in resolving customer accounting inquiries. Key accountabilities include producing high quality deliverables within tight deadlines while navigating competing priorities, and assisting with projects to level up the department.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Like to think on your feet and work in a fast paced role where every day can be a bit different
- Are not intimidated by a tight deadline if you know that means making a genuine impact
- Are a critical thinker who thinks outside the box and challenges the status quo to push your own limits, as well as those around you
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Have a strong sense of accountability - you ensure the job gets done on time, no hand holding necessary
- Are an innovative self-starter that's always looking for a better way to do things
- Get the bigger picture, and how to balance that with a focus on details because you know the little things matter
- Love small teams and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help others when needed
- Are looking for a great company you can grow with!
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about our customers, our products, and each other; we walk the talk when it comes to living our Core Values
- Know that every team member makes a difference; a sense of purpose comes from understanding our vision and how each person fits into it to move our business forward
- Constantly strive to improve - always growing ourselves, each other, and our business; you can expect leaders and teammates across our organization that will support you and ensure you are positioned for personal growth and success
- Thrive on moving the needle and creating exceptional experiences for our customers
- Value a flexible environment, with an emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means taking the time and space you need for yourself and your family, but also being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times
- Are a group of people that genuinely love what we do. ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading Employee NPS that is consistently above 70.
- Are highly engaged, fast-paced and performance-driven, but also know how to have fun!
- Complete high volume reconciliations
- Work with internal and external parties to investigate and quickly resolve account discrepancies
- Lead identification of account and process issues, in collaboration with key stakeholders, to implement solutions with ongoing maintenance plan
- Prepare monthly accounts receivable billing
- Analyze accounts receivable, including determining and executing specific actions to address high risk accounts
- Perform daily accounting functions including preparing journal entries, continuity schedules, and accounting for operational activity
- Perform period-end procedures
- Assist with design and documentation of business processes
- Assist with analysis of key financial accounts and investigation, preparing various ad hoc reporting, accounting projects, and other accounting related administrative tasks as required
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED TO BE SOMEONE WHO:
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to take an idea to completion
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment with an ability to think on your feet
- You’re observant, innovative, and excellent at articulating your ideas and why they matter!
- Strong relationship building skills
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality, and business acumen
- Excellent organization and time management skills with keen attention to detail
- A thirst for knowledge and drive for continuous self improvement
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of full cycle accounting
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Computer savvy self starter with an ability to learn new tools quickly
- Advanced Excel Skills – Comfortable in functions required to create and work with pivot tables, look up and match functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using macros for repetitive tasks, Power BI, and/or Power Query
Our Core Values are our shared beliefs as a team. We bring them to life in our organization by recognizing when someone demonstrates them in their actions. They are the rules of engagement for our team that guide our decisions and we treat each other, our partners, and our customers. Are you aligned with our Core Values?
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery - Thirst for knowledge and improvement
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
Candidates must be based in Canada in order to be considered.
We are organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. You must have access to a secure high speed internet connection and a secure workspace to ensure security of private information. This role is available on a permanently remote basis.
Due to the nature of our business the chosen candidate must undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!