Content Marketer - Intermediate
Make great content and work with great people
Join a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing FinTech company that does right by employees by giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, and a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness app that employees can’t live without, and businesses are realizing they need to help recruit and retain talent.
As a Content Marketer, you will help:
- Create meaningful content and stories across both our B2B and B2C buyer journeys
- Find new content opportunities and channels
- Take what we are learning from our customers and clients, and use those learnings to help us grow
- Do things we aren’t even thinking about yet, whether it’s new stories, new mediums, or new channels
ZayZoon is a company that believes in our mission. That mission is improving the financial wellness of millions and improving the bottom lines of tens of thousands of SMBs. All while working at a place where we genuinely care about each other both professionally and personally. We are tooled in our marketing group to make and measure, and we need more makers.
Our ideal candidate has content they’ve made that’s compelling to look at, and interesting to read. They have an elite ability to articulate concepts that resonate with our target personas. They are also creative and intelligent enough to synthesize new content, not just make new versions of things we have already.
You will play an important role in ZayZoon scaling up. With your expertise, you will help us focus on the right things that help us excel at attracting new SMB Employers, engaging their employees and ultimately maximizing the positive impact we have on employees’ financial lives.
- Are a storyteller
- Have empathy for the communities and businesses we are trying to serve
- Thrive in a start-up culture where everyone owns the business, regardless of department or seniority
- Want to make a difference through meaningful work and are driven by purpose
- Get the bigger picture and know how to leverage your expertise to move a business forward
- Are quality focused, and also understand the need for urgency when the unexpected happens
- Are a team player. Whether working solo or swarming, you can collaborate like a champ and understand the power of group learning
- Have elements of both a creative and an analytical mindset.
- Are a problem solver
- Communicate effectively and have the ability to work with everyone, across departments in particular our growth and product teams
- Believe the devil is in the details
- Want to make yourself better
- Want to make those around you better
- Produce high-quality content that engages our target personas on the importance of Financial Wellness
- Develop, write, and produce marketing materials such as one-pagers, email newsletters, social media posts, blog posts, and more.
- Design marketing assets to support the sales and growth pipelines
- Create and manage website/landing pages through Hubspot CMS
- Work closely with sales, success and product teams to ensure consistent voice and branding is applied
- Monitor and inform content marketing efforts through constant experimentation and data analysis
- Explore new social and marketing channels, and identify content gaps and opportunities
- Work closely with our content and digital marketing leaders to organize and prioritize the right activities, and to align those with sales, SEO and SEM tactics
- Three + years of related experience. Bonus points if you’ve worked in a high growth SAAS company.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign. (And it would be nice if you know a little about Adobe Premiere).
- Experience leading technical discussions with internal and external stakeholders, including customers’ technical teams.
- Mad Google Slides/Powerpoint skills (do the kids still say Mad Skills? This is why we need you
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Used a CMS before (Wix, Wordpress, Squarespace, Hubspot CMS)
- Offer competitive salary and compensation, along with a comprehensive benefits package commensurate with your experience and skills.
- Have leaders and teammates across our organization that will support you and ensure you are positioned for personal growth and success
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about and thrive on moving the needle for our customers, our products, and each other.
- Know how to wear multiple hats, and that every team member makes a difference in moving the business forward.
- Constantly strive to improve; always growing ourselves, each other, and our business.
- Have an emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times.
- Want engaged employees who like what they do. ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading employee NPS score of 71.
- Believe in our four core values
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery- Thirst for knowledge and improvement
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
We are currently organized as a remote team, as such we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. While we will wait to see how the situation with COVID-19 progresses, we will remain flexible with respect to remote work for the foreseeable future.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and/or colleagues. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!
Sound like the job for you?
Great! Send us your cover letter and resumé/portfolio to be considered for the role! We're excited to hear from you!