Join a well-organized, well-funded and fast-growing FinTech company that does right by employees by giving them access to their own wages, on-demand, and a variety of other financial wellness tools to help improve their financial outcomes. ZayZoon is quickly becoming the employee financial wellness app that employees can’t live without, and businesses are realizing they need to help recruit and retain talent.
ZayZoon is a company that believes in our mission. That mission is improving the financial wellness of millions and improving the bottom lines of tens of thousands of SMBs. All while working at a place where we genuinely care about each other both professionally and personally. We are tooled in our marketing group to make and measure, and we need more makers.
As an Intermediate Accountant, you will :
- Report to the Controller
- Are a “doer” who gets a rush working in a fast-paced environment
- Are resourceful, and someone others think of as a person who figures things out
- Don’t need your hand held; you’re autonomous and know when it’s time to check-in and how to hold yourself accountable – you’re one of those people who always find a way to keep busy on the right things!
- Love small teams and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get any job done
- Are a proactive critical thinker - you want to understand the “why”, challenge your limits and push those around you
- Know how to communicate your knowledge of numbers to those…well, less excited about numbers 😉
- Are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with unfinished projects
- Are looking for a role with career growth opportunities and a great company to grow with!
- Have strong relationship building skills
- Assist with analysis of key financial accounts and investigation, preparing various ad hoc reporting, accounting projects, and other accounting related administrative tasks as required
- Champion ZayZoon’s mission to provide responsible financial products to an underserved generation of employees!
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- CPA program well underway
- Experience in IFRS required with a thorough knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Minimum of 3 years of full cycle accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of financial statements preparation
- Computer savvy self starter with an ability to learn new tools quickly – you aren’t afraid to dig deep into a new feature or tool on your own
- Advanced Excel Skills – Comfortable in functions required to create and work with pivot tables, look up and match functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU HAD
- Offer competitive salary and compensation, along with a comprehensive benefits package commensurate with your experience and skills.
- Have leaders and teammates across our organization that will support you and ensure you are positioned for personal growth and success
- Are a tight-knit team of adults that care about and thrive on moving the needle for our customers, our products, and each other.
- Know how to wear multiple hats, and that every team member makes a difference in moving the business forward.
- Constantly strive to improve; always growing ourselves, each other, and our business.
- Have a flexible work environment, with emphasis placed on getting the job done, not on hours worked -- this means being available for collaboration when needed, and being ready to get down to business in crunch times.
- Work in a fun, fast-paced work environment - with plenty of collegial banter and closeness beyond just work.
- Want engaged employees who like what they do. ZayZoon has a tech-industry leading employee NPS score of 71.
- Believe in our four core values
- Hustle – Own it, take it to the next level
- Trust – Do the right thing
- People Driven – Make a positive impact
- Mastery- Thirst for knowledge and improvement
ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
We are currently organized as a remote team, as such, we are looking for candidates who can work effectively remotely. While we will wait to see how the situation with COVID-19 progresses, we will remain flexible with respect to remote work for the foreseeable future.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and/or colleagues. We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our team!
Sound like the job for you?
Great! Send us your cover letter and resumé/portfolio to be considered for the role! We're excited to hear from you!